Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I am a bad daughter

So, I got an email today from my Mom. Apparently I had forgotten not one but two birthdays, my mom's and my dad's. 

The thing is normally I'm really good at the whole birthday thing. I like shopping for cards and sending them out early - complete with witty sayings.  I was shocked, not just that I had forgotten, but that it took an email to remind me. 

Needless to say, there was a phone call with much apologizing and groveling. After that my mom and I had a great conversation, up until she told me one of my favorite uncles had a stroke.  He's doing ok, but it's scary.  He's this great big  bear of a guy, native Alaskan. The kind of guy who's always laughing and getting in trouble.  I can't really imagine my aunt without him.  It looks like he's going to be ok, so maybe I won't have to for a while.

No comments: