Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Got my @$& Kicked.

I had Taekwondo last night, most of it was practice for the test on Sat. If i haven't mentioned it, I'm testing for 9th Gup Saturday afternoon. I've got my forms, blocks and kicks down, so I think I'll be okay That part was a lot of fun even. 

Then we did target sparing. I was not ready. 

I was training with Master Kim. He is amazing, always happy and helpful but I really think he just felt sorry for me last night.  There were only two of us in the line, ever other line had three or four people. so we had to keep going. It was so intense and I am so out of shape. Master Kim even asked me if I was okay. I felt so out of place - everyone else looked like they were doing just fine.  Dan told me later that one of the other student had to stop while sparing to take a break.  I know I'm supposed to be going at my own pace and not paying attention to other students but that made me feel so much better. 

Tomorrow night is another hard class, Tues and Thurs are the Adult classes. They're pretty serious, the all ages classes focus more on technical style.  I actually really enjoy both classes. 

I was really scared when we first signed up for White Tiger. I didn't know what we were getting into, if my knees were going to take it, but I'm starting to feel like I can't live without it. 

www.whitetigertkd.com

No comments: